Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Traveling the Backroads

My job as a sales representative has me on the road a fair percentage of the time, and therefore, it is not uncommon for me to put 55,000-60,000 miles on a car in a year if not more. This road warrior mentality does have it's downsides, but like most challenges it comes with its rewards as well. Typically the areas that I go to are at least an hour from major interstates so unless you were intending to travel there most likely you will never see some of the things that I get to see. I get to meet interesting people and pass by small wonders in small towns and along the backroads that I travel. My plan is to post at least once a week on some of the places that I get to discover, whether it be fascinating roadside anomalies, people I meet, or the local dive that serves the best cheeseburger for miles. I hope it's interesting, and if not, you can check out my family life by viewing my wife's blog about our budding family.

No comments:

Post a Comment